Preservation Society of Newport County Logo

Mission


The Preservation Society of Newport County, Rhode Island's largest cultural organization, preserves, protects and present the best of Newport County's architectural heritage.  Its 11 historic properties and landscapes--seven of which are National Historic Landmarks--tell an American Story, from the Colonial era through the Gilded Age.  In keeping with its mission statement, the Preservation Society strives to offer its members and the general public a comprehensive view of each property's architecture, interiors, landscapes and social history.

The Preservation Society hosts nearly 900,000 visits to its properties each year.   In 2004, it was granted accreditation by the American Association of Museums (today known as the American Alliance of Museums), the highest recognition of excellence in the museum community.


For more information about the Newport Mansions, you can visit our main website at www.NewportMansions.org


      
                             The Breakers  (1895)                                         Chateau-sur-Mer  (1852)


      
                           Marble House  (1892)                                                The Elms (1901)


      
                             Rosecliff   (1902)                                               Kingscote  (1841)
    
   

      
                       Isaac Bell House  (1883)                                       Hunter House  (c.1748)


      
            Green Animals Topiary Garden (c. 1860)                              Chepstow  (1861)